1. There is one God, the source, support, and end of all things; eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. God is perfect in love and righteous in all His ways.
2. God freely created the world by His Word and for His Glory. He made man and woman in His own image, as the crown of creation, that they might have fellowship with Him. Tempted by Satan, they rebelled against God and became separated from Him. Apart from grace, humankind is incapable of returning to God.
3. The only Mediator between God and humankind is Christ Jesus our Lord, the incarnate Word and God's eternal Son. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary, and fully shared and fulfilled our humanity in a life of perfect obedience to the Father. By His sacrificial death in our place, He removed our guilt and reconciled us to God. Having redeemed us from sin, He rose bodily from the dead, victorious over death, and ascended into heaven where He now sits at the right hand of God, the Father Almighty. ("…in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form, and in Him have been made complete, and He is the head over all rule and authority.”) Colossians 2:9-10).
4. The Bible is the only infallible, authoritative Word of God and “all scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.” II Timothy 3:16-17
5. Salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential, followed by believer’s baptism. We believe that salvation is received by personal faith in the finished work of Christ on the cross and by the righteousness of Christ imputed to us by the grace of God alone and received through faith alone, not by any works of righteousness. As the redeemed of God, believers are eternally secure in their relationship with God as joint heirs with Christ and accept the responsibilities and privileges inherent in that relationship (John 10:17- 29).
6. God's redemptive work will be completed by the return of Christ to raise the dead, both the saved and the lost, and to establish His glorious kingdom. The lost will be separated from God's presence forever, but the righteous, in glorious bodies, will live and reign with Him forever. When Jesus Christ returns in glory to fulfill His Father's plan, He will complete the judgment and redemption of the world and bring His people in to perfect fellowship with God – Father, Son and Holy Spirit – forever.
More on our Basic Beliefs here: www.sbc.net/aboutus/basicbeliefs.asp
Copyright © 2017, FamiliesofWellness.com, a Southern Hodgepodge, L.L.C. site.